Friday, February 20, 2009

Desiring Patience

Brick by brick and slowly
Is the solemn structure made,
Step by step and swiftly
does a racer win the day.
Inch by inch in marble
Is the craftsman's work revealed,
And mile by mile in dust,
is the path of the pilgrim sealed.

God of the meandering heavens,
God of the rushing fields,
God of the sleeping cities,
God of the turning wheels,
Teach me the slow things slowly,
Teach me the swift things fast,
Teach me peace in the hustle and bustle,
Teach me patience in the things that last.

3 comments:

Ibid said...

Holy Crap, totally did not know you posted in the last. . . 2 years. FUN!

CC said...

Desiring patience. . .yes, patience. I understand and so does Our Lord, which is why He gives us the gift, yes the gift, to be able to see that we must have patience. Very beautiful sean. Great work!

Andrew Stine said...

Very nice.